Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Fair Maladies

I received a new book this New Year and so far I am loving it. The book is "My Fair Maladies" a compilation of "Funny Essays and Poems on Various Ailments and Afflictions". The book is edited by Cristina Pantoja-HIdalgo and published by Milflores Publishing Inc.

So far, I have read the first three essays and I am LOVE IT! The first essay is "Ock Ock" a witty essay on Obssessive Compulsiveness (OC) by Vicente Garcia Groyon. It is followed by an essay on Anal-retentivenes, "My Name is Susan, and I am Anal-Retentive" by Susan S. Lara. Then, a weird but mildly amusing take on knuckle cracking, "When I Get Cracking," by Jerusha Asprec follows.


50 more essays and poems await my eyes to be read. Other contributors include Pol Medina of the Pugad Baboy fame, Danton Remoto, Ruel S. De Vera and Rebecca T. Añonuevo.

;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ria! My name's marvin. I've been following your blog for quite some time now. I really like the stuffs that you write and the books that you read. I recently linked your site so my friends can see it too. I wish you all the best in 2006! Keep up the good work! :)

Anonymous said...

i gave you that book!ü bwahahaü ate chose it though.. hehe

Anonymous said...

cno man daw ako?ü joke..

Ria Jose said...

seh! KSP ka lagi... joke! me <3 you... char! :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring our book. Wow, good thing I'm third in the Table of Contents, hehehe. More power to your blog - I hope you don't mind if I recommend it to my students by posting a link to your site in our egroup. :)

Ria Jose said...

Jerusha, unfortunately, I haven't finished reading the book yet. But I did find your essay interesting. Sure link here... If you or your colleagues have any new books or similar works/gigs, events that you want to promote, you may advertise or promote here for free. ;)