Saturday, November 10, 2007

Discovering Mathematics: The Art of Investigation



I admit it... I ♥ Math. It might not love me that much, but I absolutely love it. So when I heard about the Discovering Mathematics: The Art of Investigation (Dover Books on Mathematical & Word Recreations), I was intrigued and sieged with want.


According to the Queena Lee-Chua it is a classic book that presents a different view of Math. It presents intriguing and challenging problems that may be solved by use of "high school math, plus a little courage and lots of patience."

This book is now on my list of must-haves. I am looking forward to immersing myself in its geekiness.

2 comments:

Sol said...

Hi,

You've got me curious about this book so I've added it to my (long) Amazon wishlist.

I am another person who loves Math. Check out my blog, WildAboutMath.com, for ideas about learning Math and other great Math books.

Sol

Unknown said...

How did you do that link for Continue Reading? Can you help me?